1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever just had one of those damn days?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BPK63, Feb 14, 2007.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

You know, finally get some snow, so you get out there. First the plow pump quits for a while, luckily it starts workin again. Then develop a loud manifold leak. Then the wipers completely die, and this is all in the same day? Does anybody have a story that makes you feel like I do right about now? Lets not forget that I'm finally in the house for the night and there is no beer left :cry:
  2. detailman

detailman Junior Member
    from Va

My guess is probably everyone of us here have been there. I know I have. But with the manifold leak,no wipers and whatever else it would have made another beer run regardless.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Those are the times that proves that everyone has/gets occupational Tourettes!
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I feel ya man. With my old K20, it never failed, everytime it snowed something would break and cost me enough money to replace that i wouldnt make any money.

Oh yeah....last night i cracked my windshield.:mad:
  5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

My truck is 24 years old...Thats a normal day for me............But, Im just playing at this plowing thing.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've got a wiper motor thats dying, and a loose power steering belt. Had a frozen pump earlier in the season.

All in all, I'd say pretty good. Now that I've mentioned it though, I'm sure the somewhat weak feeling clutch is going to suddenly give out with a bang.... :rolleyes:
  7. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

I've got you beat some how my 4x4 broke while driving to work :realmad: haven't looked at it yet plow is frozen to the truck right now, I've got a leak in 1 of my hyrdaulic lines all in the same day.
  8. polplow

polplow Member

dump truck crapped out. Had to sub out my sanding. Frozen starter drive.
  9. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Wednesday night I had the check engine light come on on the way to pick up my shoveler, lift cylinder seems to be leaking, backed up into a mailbox on new drive, and got the plow stuck between the blacktop and concrete walkway on a drive I've been doing for years. Hit my head on the visor, woozy for the rest of the night. Still sore; Think it's a minor concussions. Can't wait to look back and laugh.:dizzy:
  10. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Well I'm glad I'm in good company :D
  11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I had one of those days my guys broke 2 snowthrowers in 1 day,wipers are just crap,tranny was slipping,4 wd growling.You think thats bad ask Payton what happens when you are plowing a parking lot and they dug a trench and did not mark it so it is covered with snow and it just looks like flat pavement.:dizzy: I will tell you what happens your plow falls in it and you t bone the ditch straight on and it rips the sub frame right off your truck.Ouch