1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have you ever been injured while managing snow and ice?

Discussion in 'Snow Management Safety & Training' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 28, 2015.

1. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Been there, done that. Luckily it was spring and I landed in a mulch pile.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

My employe was rushing to get ready, out the shop back door, twisted his knee, was out for three weeks, same for me here, out of the truck and on my a#$. Just hurt my pride. I always told the guys, slow and steady wins the race. Now none snow related injuries, lots of those.

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Near me, but not me....

-Step out of truck, onto black ice, under truck. tail bone,lower back, back of head.
    -Thumb crushed grabbing truck door thinking it was locked as he was slamming it shut.
    -broken thumb ligament tear. frozen hand, grabbing equipment didn't realize the pressure that was being applied.
    -broken nose - doing something stupid boss not happy :D
    -twisted knee - working on loader and slipped off edge of pile

4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

before i plowed i was shoveling and i jumped out of the truck to start and I caught black ice but luckily I'm young so i was able to get my hands down in time and just had a little sore wrist but nothing really

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

This explains a lot...

6. Richie

Richie Junior Member

My boss was showing me how to operate a 625 case in a Shea Stadium parking lot he was on the phone talking to someone else he hit a drain stopped the 625 dead it was in 4 gear i flew hit the ceiling and window and then door window popped it open i am happy i didn't fall out the truck needed 8 stitches on the top of my head