1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have trucks will travel.......NY

Discussion in 'Networking' started by snowfire1979, Nov 20, 2014.

1. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

We have 7 trucks with plows and spreaders, 4 skid steers, one mini ex and all the labor you can handle, can leave immediately. NJ,NY,PA.........PM US.

2. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

Smart, should have done it 2 days before storm though

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Not to steal your thread, but what better place to say that I have 2 tri axle dump trucks ready to haul snow. probably could get a Kubota with a blower to come along also.

4. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

yeah hind sight, actually just got a call on per hour work see if the contract comes back signed if so we're on our way, calling for 2 more feet in some parts. Surely nothing going on here might as well go make some money.

5. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

I don,t look at it as stealing feel free we all need to make money.

6. Broncslefty7

snowfire how did you price your hourly? fuel to get up there? lodging etc etc?

7. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

minimal for lodging because i have family up that way, i included what i thought i would spend in fuel (per two days Non stop) and included that in my hourly, that way my travel is covered considering ill be pulling three lowboys hauling equipment. I also called NYDOT but they laughed at me so........

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

they laughed at you! That's funny. I had thought about that myself

9. Broncslefty7

i think id probly be around 150/hr. per bobcat and somewhere between 100-175 per truck. but id have them sign something to get paid for a min amount of hours to make the trip worth it.

10. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

right, i wont even pull out of my lot until i have a contract in hand, i also put in the contract a mandatory minimum of 12h per piece of equipment so i dont drive all the way up there for a small lot that takes me a few hours. NYDOT told me unless i have triaxle dumps or a snow dragon they arent worried about machines yet.

11. Broncslefty7

i looked at a snow dragon once, i figure id have to get 750-900 per hour for the melter and loader combo, to cover fuel labor ins. etc.

12. Broncslefty7

snowfire when your loading your salt do you just slice the bottom of the bags open? ive never seen salt stored like you do it.

13. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Would you PM me the NYDOT number that you called

14. snowfire1979

snowfire1979 Member

They have quick release funnels on the bottom but tend to wear out after a season or two.

funnel-bottom-one-ton-bag.jpg

15. Broncslefty7

ah, thats neat.

16. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

if they could have even predicted it 2 days earlier maybe things would be different lol nobody could have predicted such a historical event.

17. novasnowplower

novasnowplower Member

Have Skid steer snow blower will travel

Have Skid steer snow blower will travel