1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have to look at this property in 2 hours. What do you all think for an estimate?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RamirezOrchards, Dec 23, 2010.

1. RamirezOrchards

RamirezOrchards Member
    from CT

Looking for salting and plowing. Property is about 50x300ft. It is a restaurant store front that would need de-icing agent and their walkway shoveled. Thanks!

Here is a better street view picture:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

place is about .35 acres or so. Plowing time, probably around 30-40 minutes for a 1-3.9 inch storm plus maybe another 20 minutes on the walks? It looks like you can maybe push some of those walks when you plow. and just touch up the other areas with the shovel (around the posts). Rock salt on the lot ios about 300lbs and probably 100lbs icemelt on the walks. Plow/Shovel $75/push plus about $90 salt/ice melt per application.

I also am assuming that you can clear part of the walks with the plow truck. If you cant then that changes it to probably at least 1 hour on the walks. Picture is a tough view
  3. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

i'll do it for $259.00
  4. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Ill do it for 245.00
  5. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

I would go $259.50.
  6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

7. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

......$230.45........Thumbs Up
  8. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I got a three wheeler for christmas going to put a plow on it. I'm going to figure in fuel,insurance(have to be legit), and $12 a hour(I could be working overtime). I'll go $19.42 per hour. I got some sand left from cleaning my garage the last few winters they can just have at it. Bet it takes me 2.5hrs so that means three cases of Red Dawg everytime it snows.