1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have to jiggle the joystick sometimes (conventional)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Feb 6, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

sometimes my plow wont angle very fast. if i move the joystick down a tad, not enough to actually move the plow, then to the side. it moves as fast as it should.

iv adjusted the 3 way valve and it seems to be in the right spot.

controls were bought last year. cables were bought this year.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

cable adjustment,,,or internal controller issues.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

what i dont get about the cable adjustment is moving the stick down a little bit should have 0 effect on the side to side cable. which would leave me with a bad controller. but the controller is brand new. or was last year. i dont think its adustment becuase it happens in both directions equally. that woudl indicate the side to side is in the exact center.

my controller has gone bad? or is in the procces of doing so?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If your internals are going bad then yes it would seem that wiggling the stick would take out the slop
    Cables might need adjustment,,,after the inital break in time and stretch they should be looked at again and assessed if adj is needed
    Just b/c its brand new don't mean its not bad or going out. Maybe install wasn't perfect. Maybe it was a Friday or Monday controller. So don't assume b/c its new. It's not bad