1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

have the truck...now wat?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by younggun86, Sep 25, 2008.

1. younggun86

younggun86 Junior Member

i bought an 04 2500HD about two weeks before gas blew up so i'm kinda stuck with it. The only reason i bought it is because i was suppose to have the work but got screwed over. My truck has 46K and has been dealer maintained except for the past 8K miles. I'm not too worried about it breaking but i'm debating which plow to go with. I made a list instead of filling this whole box up..

1. Hiniker, Boss, or Western? i'm leaning towards a boss 8'6" trip edge
    2. trip edge or trip blade for indiana snow?
    3. Who's looking for subs for the west side of indianapolis. ( indy to lizton, Zville to Pfeild)
    I will go farther but it's a fuel issue then
    4. average income for sub ( need an idea before i get another loan)
    5. Which series of bobcat is ideal for pushing? cheapest first
    6. is a DOT # and commercial plowing insurance needed for subs?
  2. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

1. Boss
    2. trip blade
    3. ????
    4. kind of vague, there are alot of factors that have to be taken into account (own your own equip,ins,etc) around here avg with own equipment $60-$75/ hr
    6. A-that depends on GVW B-Most subs carry there own Ins. but every now and then the contractor will carry you