1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have the plow equip, cluess on com. pricing?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by crd, Oct 27, 2011.

1. crd

crd Junior Member
    from mass

hi im new on here but already value the site , but still have unanswered questions, on pricing and bidding? I have 1 small front end loader with 11ft plow, 1 large wheel loader with 5 yard bucket, 2 ford 350 plows 8ft 1, ford 450 with 4 yard sander and large 6 wheel dump 11ft highway plow and 8 yard hrydro sander, ive done some reso lots no commercial ever besides being subbed for 85 an hour for large sander for local large buinesses, and town plowing. id like to get a few local lots but know nothing on bidding seasonal, or by event pricing or even how to get or place a bid on a local company. Ive heard of people doing lots like a typical walmart and making 50,000 grand a year then some do by the inch with a trigger, for example 2 inch trigger and it snows 2 to 5 inches in a 20,000 ft lot with sidewalksa on a side what would i charge since i wouldnt need a large loader, or does each vechicle charge per hour or what thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So you have all this equipment and only plowed driveways?

3. crd

crd Junior Member
    from mass

correct i have my own junkyard and disposal company and thats where the loaders come from and other trucks ive had i like to make some more cash and actually use all of it

4. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Take the fee you subbed for and add some money to it. Then figure how many hours the lot will take. You could do a acre a hour with a 8ft plow. Sidewalks triple what you would pay a shoveler.

Commercial has always found me. I wouldnt know where to start to look for them. This late most already have some but people do get dropped during season.