1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have speedcast...lost cap off pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Jan 15, 2011.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

First of all I have to thank everybody for all the help earlier this week with a few issues. After plowing yesterday morning I lifted the hood to check fluid levels and noticed that the cap is gone from the pump. I had a little plowing left to do..I didn't know what to do so I put a rag in very tight, and made sure it was the type that pieces of it wouldn't drop in and mix with the fluid, or the rag itself wouldn't go into the pump. My questions are first, I live in eastern Canada; where can I get a new cap. And secondly, other than keeping the fluid in, what would happen if say you ran without a cap. By the way before I put the rag in I folded a large piece of tin foil over until it was quite thick, and I fashioned it around where the cap was and tightened it with a pull tie. I started the engine and it blew right off telling me there was air blowing out. Maby somebody could explain this to me.
    Thanks alot. And by the way I'm plowing this year with an old '87 shortie diesel and what a difference plowing with a real short truck. I plow alot back here in tight areas and I can turn that thing around on a dime...I'm lovin it. I can't believe I used to plow back here with a suburban. I'm not doing commercial this year...just my very long road an a few driveways back here in the woods and believe me it's very tight!
    Thanks again in advance Guys