1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have question on unimount plow control

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by malone, Nov 12, 2007.

1. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

I just installed a used unimount on my 88 chevy, was using I think old convental mark 3 cable setup, Install went nice with unimount, everything works nice, using joy stick controller, My question is, is there a speed control for downward drop, it comes down real fast hits ground hard, my old style dropped slower no bang, I don't see any adjustments on the pump, Any help would be nice thanks.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The drop speed screw is on the top of the valve block and takes a straight blade screwdriver Turning it clockwise will slow the drop speed down.It's fairly sensitive so only turn it about an 1/8 turn at a time and recheck the drop speed again.. .Western calls it a "Quill"..here's a pic:

New Picture.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

B&B the answer man!! Your on the ball guy! :salute: :salute: :salute:
  4. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

Thanks B&B

Thanks for the info, I saw that in the mechanics manual but not info on what a quill was will try that and let you know how it went thanks.
  5. malone

malone Junior Member
    from mass

Thanks B & B

Thanks the adj. worked great drops like a feather now.