1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have Plow will Travel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Comet, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Anyone in Buffola area need any assistance with their plowing jobs? I have one-three sidewalk workers also if needed.
    Nothing going on in my area this week as I an see from the weather. :(
    Merry Christmas
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

You are going to travel all the way to Buffalo from Long Island? As far as I can see the travel expenses will kill your profits. Kind of a long distance even if work is available.
  3. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Several years ago 3-4 , I traveled upstate North blindly into snow bound area's to plow when there was no snow in sight on LI.

I came across at times few localities to plow. didnt make too much other then days wages at times, but was able to see some nice scenery, spend a few days away from LI and get into the snow..

At the time I was never asscociated with any organizations nor linked to any other contractors yet I did it..I like the snow. The expenses I believe can be minimul from past experience.

I wasnt posting a message foolishly, "Im out of work this week", finished up on my installations, so anything I will take right now. Im not looking to make an enormous prophit,the expenses I will endure somehow.

When I lived in Montana, it was not unusual to cross a state over night to show up for a job site for work,, out there was either a logging job or to fight a forrest fire with the FS.

To me its a hop skip and a jump, to many others yes its not feasable.

Mmmmmm Christmas dinner was sure good, Im stuffed now

Hope all enjoyed theirs also
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2001
  4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Doubt any of us on here needed any help, but I'm sure some of the non forums plowers could have used any help thay could have got. Of cource thay prolly wouldnt have payed either.
    It's sad when all my drives are down to pavement (as close as possible) and I pass by drives that are marked but not plowed.

Were all cought up here, If only certin highway dept's would do thier job it would make everyone else's so much easier.
    Gotta love Amherst's best. Thay plan thier routes very well. Know the prioritys, and have the right equipment for the job. Thay can keep up with almost anything we get and is the best looking town in the area always.
  5. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Just thought Id check
  6. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

And I was going to drive from St. Louis to there.

Next time I may try to set up some plow work a little earlier.
  7. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Its never too late, this can go on for days even cleaning up, as long as you can scacrifice a truck per say and men..
    I posted 5 days ago, I seen this coming, now the thruway is closed

My original post still remains in effect: Anyone need any additional help.

Nextel # 631-445-3226
    *one 99 Chevy 4*4 Dump w/plow/sander
    *one GMC pickup 4*4 w/plow
    **one skid steer loader**
    1-3 shovelers with blowers available
  8. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Yesterday had to be the worst, all drives lined on all sides with piles. Everything was closed down simply becasue there is just no more room for this stuff. The thruway was close partily becasue thay took the plows off and put em on the local roads to open more up for emergency travel. Untill the national guard troops could come in and haul some of this stuff out. Thay turned the Bills stadium into a huge parking lot for truckers. At least the stadium is finnaly getting some use. Most towns are looking great, the city is still working on openeing things up. Driving is still horrible not becasue of road conditions but becasue its imposible to see arround corners at stop signs.
  9. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Nice work Got Grass, You had your plow full,,Increatable
    Dont know if your close by but if you or anyone there can check on;
    Doris and her nieghbor across the street, 2 elderlys
    myself and my friend would be relieved
    141 Pompander Sq.
    East Aurora, NY 14052

p.s any one know of Aurora Lawn and Gardning there?
  10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Thom, I think I know where that is but not all that close driving to. Not farmiliar with that company. Is that who thay have? I did find them listed in the phone book the # is 716-655-5829, I'd give them a call and see if thay could check when thay stop by.
  11. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Thanks GotGrass,,

The owner of that company is Don P

I was asked by Doris's son (a friendof mine out in Texas now) to give Don a call if I didnt make it there as predicted or call someone else etc..,
    I sent him email of your photos, he was flipping out over them, He was an old friend of Don years back.
    Don has some big accounts up there supposably

Anychance I can still make a buck or two there with my skidsteer loader? :))))
  12. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Shes OK she sais by way of phone call,, sais she has only 2 feet in her area
    she must be in a different area