1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have anyone apart this electric motor on pump?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Milwaukee, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I am curious if anyone have pictures of that.

Not pay guy to rebuilt motor for $70 dollars. :realmad: While I can get for $89 new one

When I bought this truck. Mechanic told me it was new hydraulic pump with motor about 2 years old.

Are they easy to rebuilt? I have done rebuilt several starters. From scooter to Trojan loader's Detroit diesel.

Where can I get new bushing? Does magnet in motor fall apart when you hit driveway with trip that stop you hard.

2. Milwaukee

Ok thank god that old style pump with motor are exact mount but different shape.

Apart old motor. Oh lord tons of copper shaving and it was arc badly.

It was work but not easy to spin like cut off until you restart to get running again.

Let hope that motor on plow that I am use isn't bad but it suck tons power and sometime it not turn on until restart joystick to get work again.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Your better off replacing the motor.........

4. Milwaukee

Ok just done put together.

It work much better and not use much power to run like old motor that eat all power.

Maybe I should start collect all junk motors so I could rebuilt and put on shelf for emergency.

It cost me $3 in parts. New bolts and washers.