1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have a tough one on seasonal pricing.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by B.Bells, Oct 9, 2009.

1. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

One of my clients is a rather large bank in the indiana area. Well, i do 90% of there work, and im not the most fancy person when it comes to the money aspect of the job. Only been doing it as a owner for 3 years. (dont know how i lasted this long not knowing this but i am) So, im bascally asking how in the world do i figure this out?
  2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, first use the search feature. Its very helpful.

Second, take your average amount of snow fall in inches per year, divide that by your trigger amount, and then times that by the per push rate for that lot.

Example, Lot A is worth $100. per push, at a 2" trigger, and we get an average of 40" of snow a year. Therefore that means 40"/2" (trigger)=20 pushes X $100 per push = $2,000 a season then divide that into 5 monthly payments (November through March) and you get $400 per month. Now, obviously keep in mind your area may not be getting 40" a year, you should know how much that is for your area by looking at your records from previous years.

Thats one way to do it.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Your price per times your average visits.
  4. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

ok, with that said and calulated, any ideas on how i should approach the changes in my contract? I dont think it will be a problem getting it signed either way, im just trying to take my company to the next level.