1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

have a problem meyer plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cfd511, Jan 2, 2010.

1. cfd511

cfd511 Junior Member

hello everyone i have a meyer snow plow its like 3 yrs old. has a the touch pad to control the plow. heres my problem . the plow goes up and down fine never have a problem. but when i plow and and angle the plow left the touch pad displays a red short circut light. than when i reset the pad by turning it off and on and trying hitting the right angle but the plays still angles left than short circuts and red light comes on. now i have to get out of the truck and shake the harness (where plow connects to truck) than its works for a little while.. someone told me it could be the moduales under the hood. but idk how to test them. anyhelp would be great

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you have a bad connection where you are shaking the wires. the red light means overload. check the green wire connection. is it good? if so does the coil the green wire goes to magnetize? have someone run it right and see if a wrench will stick to the coil while running.

3. cfd511

cfd511 Junior Member

where is the coil on the pump itself

4. no lead

the green wire goes into it.

5. cfd511

cfd511 Junior Member

hmm

thanks and i guess if its not magnitized it needs replaceing

6. no lead

not for sure. does it have power going to it or is the connection bad were it plugs in? jump a wire from the batt pos post to the coil wire. does it mag then?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  7. cfd511

cfd511 Junior Member

i'll ley u know when i do it tommaro its dark and cold lol