1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Have a few pallets of Rock Salt to spare in SW Michigan/N Indiana

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Raymond S., Feb 20, 2014.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

We have about 18 pallets left right now and could spare 4 if anyone is desperate. 7/bag. We were fortunate to get a full truckload about a month ago and recent lull in weather makes me think we'll end up with some holdover. Forklift on site to load. Let me know.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

$7 seems a bit high for 50#s rock salt...home depot here has ice melt for under 9

3. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

The salt companies are charging more now because it is costing them more to produce it. That price is actually pretty cheap compared to some of the prices I have seen people charging during this shortage.

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

It is high, no argument there. It's what I have into it. Just trying to help a local guy out. Our alternative was ice melt at our local distributor for 9.60/bag. That was a month ago. They're now out. So $7/bag was better than 9.60.

5. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

The price is fair in or market same price Lowes sells it for! But they don't have any in stock! There sold out. Its like anything else if you don't like the price don't buy it!