1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

have a 97 F250, looking to upgrade my fisher plow.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tk in pa, Oct 24, 2009.

1. tk in pa

tk in pa Junior Member

I bought a 97 F250, which came with a fisher truck side set up. The setup include 2 plugs in the grill, a bundle of relays under the hood ( no isolator box) and a simple 2x3" aluminum face joystick inside. Questions, questions. Hope you can help.

Will the truck side pushplate take any LD 7.5, RD 7.5, or HD 8' plow without upgrading the pushplates? If they're not compatible, how do I know what kind of plow fits what I have on my F250?

next on the electrical controls. There are to plugs on the grill. One is a 2 heavy gage pinned plug going to solenoid. Other is a multi pin plug with only a few conductors. It leads to a bundle of relays. ( there is no isolator box ). What type of plow is this setup for and how can I identify that plow?

I'm also considering buying a newer series used plow. I can get a 8' and 7.5' MM2 off of a Chevy. Can I use the Chevy controls and isolator on F250?

Any other issues I should be aware of when buying used Fishers?

thanks much. Bring on the snow.

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

You can get whatever size 2 plug SEHP fisher you want. Mainly they are older models get an 8 or 9 footer, there are some floatig around in the for sale section.

3. tk in pa

tk in pa Junior Member

thanks Stik208
    that's good news.

I'm also looking at a used MM2 that was on a Chevy. Can I put that on my existing pushplates, and install wiring and isolator from the "Chevy"?

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

No, the Chevy wiring will not fit the F250. However, instead of buying all that just buy a 3 plug mm2 without all wiring and stuff, and then you can convert it to a 2 plug so it will fit you truck. And yes almost all fishers will fit your truck that are 7'6'' or bigger. However, any smaller and they dont make the mounts the same because its a matter of too much truck for too little plow. I believe the 2 plug to 2 plug blade conversion is relatively easy. With any luck I suppose :laughing:

5. tk in pa

tk in pa Junior Member

thanks for the info guys. I have my choice of a mm1 w/ F250 wiring for $1900 or a mm2 for Chev for $2500. just have to drive a 100 miles to get it after my truck is out of the shop.

Why is it ford doesn't use stainless on their oil pans, when they know they rust out and take 8hours to replace. eeerrrrrrr. Detroit.

6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Haha. Didnt you say your truck had the wiring already? I wouldnt bother buying new wiring unless you had too. Although, its your money not mine :nod:

7. tk in pa

tk in pa Junior Member

Yea, but that's not an option. On the used classified market, they come as a set. Which ever way I go, I'll be keeping ford stuff for parts or re-selling the chevy stuff...

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

But the whole set up and resell the chevy stuff.

All you have to do on the plow side is take the old light harness or the lights off all toghether off your old plow and switch it with the light and control harness or lights on the new plow, if its a 3 plug harness on the new plow.