1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hauling snow out need some input??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtyscag, Feb 12, 2014.

1. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

Well we have never been in this position be for that we have to even think about hauling snow out of out large properties! I'm just looking for some input from you guys on hourly rates for 2-3 yard loaders and tandem and tri axle dump trucks?
  2. sodworksllc

sodworksllc Junior Member

$125-250/hour for loaders and $110+/hour for trucks (all depends on size and efficiency)
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Per load hauled out and per hour for the loader.
  4. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

and be aware that in some watersheds, you can't dump it in the first empty field or river that you come too. So there may be a charge for dumping
  5. procut

procut Senior Member

Around here would be roughly $150.00/ hour for the loader and $80-$90 for the trucks.
  6. grandview

What could happen?

7. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

That's funny thank you!
  8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

rules are for dumping in the water....none for on the bank....find a local farmer that may let you dump in a field, but offer him a cash stipend and charge the customer a tipping fee
  9. grandview

East side ,not like anyone would know;)
  10. Caterpillar307

Caterpillar307 Junior Member
    from Wyoming

Be ready to pick up a lot of trash in the spring. Also make sure your truckers use pleanty of EFRA to keep the snow from sticking to the beds, Trucking rate gets pretty expensive when you're only getting 1/2 truckloads. Said by a guy who'se main business is trucking!
  11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I always do flat rate $120 per hr for loader and a truck or trucks My dumping area is close so My loader doesn't have much down time waiting for a truck to load