1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hauling snow from Lowes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirtyscag, Feb 12, 2011.

1. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

On average how much snow does it take for lowes to want it hauled away? We have had over 30" so far and not much has melted yet and there are quite a few spaces taken up.

2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

32" if i remember right

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not sure but we have only had about 23 or 24 inches so far this year, and our Lowes store looks like crap. Piles of snow everywhere, and they are only about 8 feet high, and wide. I just don't get it. If these NSP's don't want to pay for a service why bother plowing at all.

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

If they're being done correctly (ya right) with a loader .... none should have to be taken away yet... we've gotten over 70" so far and the lowes/home depot look fine (with large stacked snow) but both of them have loaders on site to do the job properly ... if your lots are being done with pu, I'm sure you've lost LOTS of spaces

5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Just to clarify, I don't plow any Lowes stores. I'm just commenting on how bad the local store looks.

6. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

I suspect once there is a line of cars circling the parking lot with no spaces and enough people go in and complain to the manager

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Haul snow off a Lowe's with only a 30" season? How the heck can they be out of room?

8. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Well with 30" of snow for the season, and piles that are probably only 60" high, that means probably about half the lot is still covered in snow piles...:rolleyes:
    :laughing::laughing:

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:...Are you sure...I thought it was 32.5".....:salute:

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

haha :dizzy:

11. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

My store isnt bad at all and we do do it with a loader its just my first year with them and i was wondering what it takes for them to want it hauled away. I mean they only really need half of their parking lot anyway so i assume we will never have to take it away.

12. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

the lowes by me has several isles of parking space lost, (not plowed correctly) but who am i to say...seriously i 32.5 inches..... i really think the nationals are using the metric system.....eh

13. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Uh, walk into Lowe's and ask the manager? Just an idea:waving:

14. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

The Lowes around her all have large stacked piles towards the back of the lots. With all the snow we had in January it did not seem like any snow was removed. So i doubt anything will be done at this point.