1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hauling salt

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by salt hauler, May 1, 2010.

1. salt hauler

salt hauler Junior Member
    from 61938

I just moved back to my home town in central IL from Va. I use to haul salt from the port of Baltimore to various state of Va locations. I was wanting to to know if anyone knows how to get into hauling salt to various locations in the state of IL . Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know its only April but the snow will be falling sooner the than we know it!

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I know there is a salt mine / bulk storage dealer in the Peoria area and I believe that Cargill has a bulk storage plant in Dubuque Ia

3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I know up here in PA them salt rates are a joke. Its not even worth getting out of bed for.

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

hey mack what are you giving a ton up there? i know my boss was paying 85 this year.