1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hats Off Gentleman

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by White Gardens, Dec 29, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Takes a lot of skill for some of you guys who are running DOT trucks with full front plows, A side wing plow, and a salt spreader.

Got behind a truck the other day running down the highway and it looks like you've got to have a lot of skill to coordinate all the equipment at once. Especially the wing plow when they are trying to raise and lower it constantly to miss signs, mailboxes, guardrails, etc...., not to mention at 40mph.

Thumbs Up
  2. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

Thank you its not to often we get compliments
  3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I get told more times that not.....it's not that hard.

Until you try it.
  4. Wallace

Wallace Member

Someone might want to tell our DOT guys that there is a lever that will make it go up:p
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just think in our area they only run one guy in the truck who has to do all that.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Like alot of you know, I go with my uncle almost every storm in his Ford L9000. It takes alot of skill to run a plow truck. My uncle will be plowing and sanding at the same time wich takes alot of cordination. He has to wach his mirror to make sure the sand is spreading good, make sure he doesn't hit a mail box or a sign with the wing, and wach for other vehicle around him, not to metion doing all this after being up for well over 30 hours some times. It's not an easy thing to do. My uncle's 15 mile rout takes over 2 hours to plow. It takes him over 6 hours after it's done snowing to clean up, push banks back and sand. Alot of people think it's easy and anybody can do it. They are wrong.