1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hate to say it, but Where do I draw the line with Boss?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JeffNY, Mar 8, 2007.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

This is an ongoing problem I've had since I purchased my plow a couple months ago, the left wing drifts back to me when I drop the blade and or start plowing snow. It doesn't happen every time, but enough to be a problem.

The dealership is 25 miles from me, and its been there four times now. They're doing everything they can for me, they take me in immediately, and get my plow back to me within a few hours. They claim they're doing exactly what Boss is telling them to do when they call Boss tech support.
    Last time they had the nearest Boss distributor there to have a look at it, and they figured they'd swap out the entire valve assembly with a new one, and solve everything once and for all. (Boss complained and did NOT want to send them a new Valve assembly)

I called Boss Head Quarters and spoke to someone in customer service about my problem, and see if theres anything they can do for me for having all these problems. The guy on the phone could care less, and says "well what do you want me to do? I can't give you any compensation." I was like, alrighty then.

So, this morning im clearing up a little snow, drop the blade.....OH LOOK, here comes the left blade, right back towards me, without even pushing snow yet. They switched the hoses before and the problem happens to the right blade, so they determined it wasn't the smartlock cylinder.

Seriously, where do I go from here? Legal action? Demand a refund for the entire plow? I mean, where do I draw the line? I really don't even want this plow anymore.

Thanks.

2. payton

payton Senior Member

wow that sucks but if your dealership really wanted to fix it they would fix the problem on there dime then fight with boss to get your coin back. im sorry youve have such bad luck.. but like its been said. everyone has a lemon from time to time..

payton

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd have to say there's a problem with the dealer if they have to call tech support to figure out a hydraulic problem. Any other dealers closer by?

Did they replace the cylinder at any point? It has to be either that or the relief in the valving not set high enough. Or a combination of the 2.

If all else fails, give Jerre a call. Except he's at the NTEA show, but I bet he can tell you where to start looking to fix it over the phone.

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

This is the closest dealer to me, next one is around an hour away.

Am I supposed to know Jerre?

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Jerre Heyer, he's the co-creator of the Erie Special. Blizzard dealer extraordinaire in Erie, PA but also services all types of plows.

6. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Man that sucks. I would be calling Boss and no one else yet. They need to hold up their end of the stick--NOW!! Talk to the c service rep. If you don't get the answer you want to hear ask to talk to that persons boss. Just keep working your way up the ladder until you get the answers you need. Usually you only have to go up about 2 levels from the guy you started with to get results. Nobody wants to get in trouble with their boss so you'll get results. Make sure you have all your plow invoices/ model#'s and dealer info at hand. May take an hour or more so don't do this on your cell phone!! Good Luck!!