1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HATE my Blizzard plow lights, options, opinions?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Scott183, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

So like most Blizzard plow owners, my lights are really my biggest complaint with there producs. I'm running a first gen 810 from 2005, and the plow has done me really well, other than the crappy finish they used back then. I was looking at some pics of the newer Blizzard plows and notice they make a light similar looking to the Night Sabre. Has anyone tried them? What is the best plow light on the market right now, or do I need to go w/ a custom setup. Night traveling was difficult for most during the Blizzard last week, but near impossible when youhave crap lights. Right now I am stuck between the Hinniker and Night Sabres (which I've had on a different truck). Any opinions, options welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The Intensifires/Nighthawk/Whatever Blizzard calls it that comes on the new Douglas Dynamics plows

3. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

And you think they're a decent option? I really want to put whatever the best out there is. I don't care if I have to make something custom.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

HID in stock housings

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Or HID in the Intensifires, totally forgot about HIDs

6. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Not the best pic out there. These are the intense fires. Put in some sylvanie bulbs and you are good to go.

image.jpg

7. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to give the intensfires a shot with the Sylvanias. Anything has got to be better than these! Thanks for the replies!

8. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

9. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

im running those sealed beams, in my rectangular western lights. so far not to bad. the nice part is that they dont freeze!!!! all the snow melts off

10. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

I had looked into doing the conversion last year, but couldn't find the housings locally. I believe i saw a write up ifof someone who had done them along with a set of small fogs, and they looked really bright in the pic. Is 35w the max you can use without having fire concerns?

11. dieselss

ummmm not sure. i honestly hooked my up to a switch, and there on highbeam all the time. only downfall,,,,flash to pass and tk light switch doesnt work,,,but i can only have my plow lights on and nothing else

12. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

The new Hiniker quad lights sure are sexy looking, but wonder just how well the light output is on them, since that is my actual concern. They look like they'd throw a lot of light and would allow for both high and low hid upgrades if desired. Anyone used these? ****Just looked at the Hinikers again, and they are an exact copy of the Meyers Night Sabre II, found a set on EBAY New for $249. Doesn't seem like a bad deal****

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  13. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

14. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Be nice to find LED lights to go in there... Thumbs Up

15. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

Which ones? The housing conversion or the Hinikers?

16. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

I just bought a set of the hiniker lights for my truck. I haven't had a chance to really use them though because of the lack of snow. But hopefully ill get to plow tonight. Ill be sure to let you know how good they are.

17. Scott183

Scott183 Junior Member

Thaks man, that would be really helpful. I don't think I'm in for being a guniea pig on a set of $250+ up lights. First hand experience is always the best way to judge.

18. robbiep22

robbiep22 Junior Member

Yea I hear ya. I decided to get them them because they were plug and play, and the where a lot cheaper than actually night saber 2's.

19. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The sealed beam, if they were just the same light fixture/housing but had LED lights in there instead of a halogen bulb.

20. dieselss

Your can get glass housings that have a pop in bulb. Just fyi