1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hate lowballers so some help please!

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Dubes, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubes

Dubes Junior Member

Can't stand lowballers so some opinions would be great! Bidding on snow removal for residential driveways/walks, here's the deal it's 37 homes on two streets right next to each other. Mostly single/double drives nothing monsterous.

Now normally I charge 40 to 45 per drive and get that all day long, I'm thinking 25 to 30 per drive so $925 to $1110, with the option of 11 to 12 dollars for salt per drive.

Am I low or on the high side here?

Thanks in advance for any insight

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i think anything inbetween $20-$30 is more then fair, no travel time required eats up a lot of overhead

3. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i would also say between $20-$30 there is no travel time and what kind of salt you useing?

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well if you "need" the work, than $20/drive should be good. If you don't "need" it, than $30 should be good. So I would maybe go right in the middle, $25. Although, I would love to have that many jobs close by. You can probably do 5-6 an hour (without looking at them and I would clean up in front of the doors) so you are making around $100/hr even at $20 a pop. That would probably sell me right there.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are they individual customers? do you have to send each one a bill or is it a single invoice? If it's individual bills price them like a individual with your standard yearly or per push charge. Half the work and cost of a driveway is contracts, billing and collections. If they are a single billing then price it like a small commercial lot with a lot of small parking areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.