1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hate being this guy....

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by peteo1, Oct 16, 2015.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont want to be "that guy" but the search feature gave me a whole lot of useless threads to search through. I'm going to need some new tires next spring so I'm hoping someone can recommend a decent set of all seasons that wont break the bank. Ive got bfg rugged trail t/a on my truck now and I'm not a fan of them at all. They're really hard and seem to make a lot of noise. Any suggestions?

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

For an all season tire, I've had BFG AT KO2's on my truck, and I've had very little noise issues, or tire wear. They are on a Toyota pickup, and have been spectacular in the rain / snow and dry weather.

They're about 1/2 worn now, and I expect at least another 2 years out of them.

So, how does it feel to be "That Guy" ????:nono:

Go to Tire rack and read the reviews. They helped me a lot when I needed new tires, as they give you all kinds of information and viewpoints...

Ultimately, you will find..... anything you want it to say, or not to ..

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

That's going to be my choice later this fall. Problem is I have 20 inch wheels and they are over $300. each.

4. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Nitto Terra Grapplers. Best tire I've ever run. A little pricey but they last. I have 24k on mine towing every week and plowing and they are barely broken in. That's just my 2 cents.

5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

How is the "noise level" with those tires?

6. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Not bad at all. Less than your typical mud terrains. I put around 18k miles a year on that truck so I didn't want anything that was too loud.

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I use Firestone TransForce for my summer tires, Firestone Winterforce for my Winter.

All seasons won't cut it for me on the country roads & lanes that I do and travel on during ice events. The Winterforce are amazing tires on snow and ice.

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just go to Gindy on 8th and Holland and get some Cooper Discovery AT3's best tire we've run.

9. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

Bfg ko2 use to run cooper discover m/s had great luck with them but got tired of changing them out in spring just went with the ko/s hands down great all around tire I do run e range

10. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I just got a set of Cooper discoverer at 3's. I had Yoko geolander at's on my previous truck & loved em!

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:dizzy: Just another tire thread.
    worthless.

Your going to get the same feed back as all the others that you have read all ready.

12. LewisLawn

LewisLawn Junior Member
    from ohio

I recently put some coopers on my 13 ram...i'm very pleased with them...going to the dump which is often swampy/mucky I havent had any problems...I also have had a few oppurtunities to use in snow and they were good....i would want more snow than weve had to give more of a reccomendation for the snow...I also had these tires on my 06 Dakota and was extremely impressed...I want to say I was a 560 for a set

13. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

New threads dont hurt some guys dont see threads and never get to respond with their experience.. Also some threads are weeks or months old and there are updtated items or better alternatives to use so it doesnt hurt to ask.. Afterall we are here to help..

Now for me personally I just went with a new set of toyo open country at2's and have about 4k on them and they are doing great.. Was awesome plowing with! Got them online shipped to my door for about 700.00.. My buddy runs them on his crew cab 7.3 and tows regularly with them.. He has about 25k on them and they are still like 3/4 tread.. I've read good reviews on them and they seemed like the best route.. Before them it was between the bfg at's and cooper stt maxx.. I ran bfg's in the past and they were a great tire though I read some reviews that guys with heavy trucks seemed to wear them out faster.. Which my cummins is far from light and even more so when im hauling/towing a lot in the summer.