1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has your superduty seat broke, yet

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RJC, Dec 22, 2002.

1. I have a 2001 F350 XL with the bench seat. The back has broke on me twice. The dealer said they have had quite a few of them breaking lately. Talk about a pain in the you know what!
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Mine broke in the seat back on my right side. (it caved in)
  2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I have a 2000 F-250 XLT Extended cab, seats still work great.

3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have the 40/20/40 bench in my 99. Bought it new in October of 98. 160,000 miles no problems yet. My new plow truck has the full bench seat, hopefully it doesn't give out.
  4. Who says that lightning doesn't strike twice...
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

What timing!

My '01 F-350 came back yesterday with the seat back broken, it won't latch in any position and folds forward when empty. I haven't had a chance to look at it, I sent it back out this morning to grab what leaves we can before tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to running it like that all night plowing, but I don't expect to get it fixed in time.

Anyone else?
  6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Ford geez

that reminds me I bought a new 1983 mustang GT and the seat back kept breaking . looks like they dont have a handle on the problem yet ??
  7. I bet they are made somewhere south of the boarder.
  8. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

I have a take out bench seat grey cloth, in good shape no rips or tears or stains. taken out of 1999 Superduty 2 years ago.I will let it go for $150.00. It can be shipped by bus cheap Mark affordablelawn@comcast.net
  9. Thanks Mark,
    But my seat is being replaced under warranty,(for the second time). Hopefully this will be the last one I will need, but I will keep your Email address in case it happens out of warranty.
    I appreciate your reply.
    The dealership tells me that they have had to replace several of these in the past year so you may have a sought after item as soon as these trucks with the defective seats go out of warranty.