1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has this happened to you???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by zippy1, Jan 18, 2007.

1. zippy1

zippy1 Junior Member

I was comming across an intersection at about 30 mph and when I got to the other side of the intersection there was a major dip in the road and my plow slamed into the pavement :eek: . My whole front end bounced into the air. It does not apear that there is any damage to the plow. I thought it got riped off the front of the truck when I hit. Now I know to raise the blade all the way when going through that intersection.

2. jbrow1

jbrow1 Member

Mine has done that. I try to remember where they are at around town and slow down for them now.

3. Theo Epstein

Theo Epstein Member

And it feels like it's all happening in slow motion, but you can't do anything to stop it!

4. PaulT

PaulT Junior Member

Happened in my '85 Chebby 3/4 ton once, except the chain came off the hook & that's why the blade hit

5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I keep my blade all the way up all the time!

6. Zippy

Zippy Junior Member

I had my 9' blade bounce up like that once and drop the chain off. Wow did that surprise me.

Kevin

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

My old 7.5' Fisher did that on the 85 GMC whenever the pavement was imperfect...but that truck was sprung like a dump truck so it was pretty bouncy.

I was amazed that my MM1 didn't bounce at all when i brouhgt it home though...not sure if its the design of the plow or because the 2000 Chevy rides a billion times smoother than the 85.

I was always waiting for the chain to snap on the 85...never happened though.

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Don't you have a trip edge?

9. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

keeps you awake......:eek:

10. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

That happened to me once on my old 1989 3500 and my old meyer.
    Scared the **** out of me.
    But that can't happen now, My Hiniker has no chain. LOL

11. clipper

clipper Junior Member
    from Maine

I has happened to me on my 94 f-350, the 8' fisher came up and chain came off.:realmad:

12. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

Happened to me a lot plowing for the stat of Ma. doing Rt. 6 and other bad spots like bridge expanders.

It broke the orignal headlamps (mm1) and bent the pins for the front of the angle pistons as well as cracking the mounts for the pins on back of the mole board.

I changed the mole board to the newer style (big bucks) but much better built and doesn't wobble around when up.