1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has this ever happend to you?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ajslands, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

So the other night we got about 9" and I was plowing with the storm so I got to a lot with about 4" on the ground, and I was halfway done with the lot and some a$$ hole in a stupid f****** astro starts doing doughnuts. I was so p!$$3d off! Cuz I had t clean up his mess, cuz he had gone across about 20 passes of plowings.. So what did you do in this case, while he was doing doughnts I was thinking about pushing snow on his looser cruiser! But what do you do.

Earlier that day I was plowing a lot and had all my lights on and was doing a pass, and some b!tch parks 10' infront of me! Iam sure this happens to yo guys alot, so what do you do, is that the new place to pile all the snow?
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Not the wise choice, but a very tempting choice. I usually get out and ask them nicely one time, they usually move the car without to much hassel. If they don't I plow around them like I normally would, but somehow I accidentally angle the plow the wrong way when I pass both the front and back of thier car. Oops, my bad.
  3. ajslands

Well the lady parked and ran inside and the front of her car was facing a wall so I couldent angle that way
  4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

AJ just wait until you start doing fastfood joints, retail, and gas stations. Just stay level headed and don't let that stuff bug you, it is going to happen whether you like it or not.
  5. ajslands

It was a grocery store,
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i threatend to take my skid steer and move some ladies car once, actually got right up behind it, and was tilting the bucket before she finally moved it. Then she went on a rant on how she was going to get me fired from that job, she went inside the store, told the manager, and the manager told her to
    F#$% OFF!!!, she left pretty mad, lol (keep in mind i asked this lady very nicely to move and she told ME to F#$% OFF, i could wait until she was done, and plenty of clean stalls for her to chose from)
  7. ajslands

Lol, iam sure I would be able to pull a parked car out of it's spot,

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

This morning I had 3 more passes to make, I come around the corner and some dumb sh!t backed his truck up to the snowbank right ontop of my windrow right in the middle of a 400' push :realmad::gunsfiring: People are DUMB. Oh BTW there were probably only 100 parking spots to choose from
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Sometimes you need to do the most attractive parking first such as handicapped or employee parking. You should really take this into consideration when bidding also. It will not make for an effecient job but better than getting into it with a customers customer.
  10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If the business is open you should always take care of the closest parking, and aisles first, that should be a no brainer. You should never ever under any circumstance "get into it" with a customers customer. They dont care where they park, deal with it, and as far as threatening to move a car with a skidsteer, give me a break.
  11. northeastrealty

northeastrealty Member

I have a 4acre multi commercial Loy I plow, Every freaking storm this nitwit parked his car, and because his ratbox was horrible in snow he would leave it overbite and hitch a ride. Anyways, several times I politely asked him to park on the side lot which would make our lives easier during final cleanup, he always ignored me, so the last time I asked nicely he told me to screw. I laughed, kept plowing and saw him leave for the nite with a friend leaving his car once again in my way. So I took all the snow I could and packed his car on all hour sides in about 6ft wide in all directions. Next morning I get a call from this guy tweaking out on me, after he was done, I asked him if he remembered what he said to me and he acknowledged he did, so I hung up phone. 6hrs later I get a call from the property manager asking me if I did that on purpose, and I told her yes. She laughed, and told me he is still out there shoveling hid car out, I told her I was sorry , she said not to worry the guy was a jerk to her on the phone, so she agreed he probably deserved it. 10 years later I still have this account.
  12. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I have come to the simple conclusion that people cant help it they are stupid. Keeping that in mind helps me get through the storm
  13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

This actually happen to me the last snow we had.
    Some 20 something in a beat to hell f150 with what looked like to high-school girls in the front with him.

I raised my blade fully and just started driving at him head on. As I got close I and knew he could see me I pointed at the exit. He chose to use it.
  14. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I couldn't agree more, when you lose your composure, the other party's got you beat.

I spend most of my time plowing a 24/7 factory where the employees are less than geniuses. They get me pretty worked up once in a while, but I just turn my back & go the other way. These people just often times don't know any better, they don't plow for a living.
  15. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Just keep some of Bill Envall's stupid signs with you. Hand them out when needed. It will save alot of aggrevation for the next guy out plowing they come across. They'll see the sign and know not to even bother asking them to move.
  16. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

dont feel to bad it happens to me all the time at the 7-11 i do ill be pushing and they park right in front of my push I mean feet in front of me, then give me a dirty look but got to keep cool and just wait it out it sucks but no sense getting stressed over it
  17. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

AMEN BROTHER! though i still find myself surprised sometimes...
  18. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

You have to choose your battles, also if your going to survive in this business you have to think smarter. Anyone can loose their composure, if your a professional, why choose to allow someone that means nothing to you, affect your game? You always have options when dealing with w/ these inconveniences, which is all they are.

I keep the police on my speed dial, for scenarios that are dangerous or get out of hand. I've been verbally assaulted before for no good reason, often times because they were intoxicated, other times was just some form of resentment. I'm not interested in playing games w/ the stupid. This is my deal, my livelihood, my investment of many hard years and my future. So why risk it all just because some looser got in your way?

As far as the doughnuts, I've dealt w/ that plenty...most cases involve alcohol. As much as I would like to split someones skull at times, I find it much more satisfying watching that person have to take a few field sobriety tests, get cuffed and have their vehicle towed. I get to wave buy buy, and not miss a stroke while I finish my work...try it sometime, it's rather refreshing...and the look on their face...PRICELESS!!
  19. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

i had a guy park perpendicular to a grocery store, directly at the entrance. the store has a two lane fire lane that runs infront that is strictly NO PARKING but to some that doesn't matter. i asked the cart girl to make an announcement inside, which she did, but 20 minutes later the truck was still running out there. he was blocking both lanes and one of two entrances to the building. i finally went inside and asked for the manager. she came down and asked what was wrong and i told her. from the back of one of the checkout lines i had a drunk angry old man yelling at me that he had to get his bagged salt to his truck. i politely told him it was a fire lane and that if i was there again and saw him parked that way the police would be notified and he would be towed. he didnt have much to say after that, i went outside and waited for him to move and watched him lift 5 50lb bags over the side rail of his truck like it was nothing. he then honked at me and gave me the finger. i waved. havent seen him sense. i went inside to thank the manager and she said that it was just her and the other girl working and they were scared of the man and thanked me for helping them out.
  20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm glad I don't plow parking lots. My uncle plows a Super Wal*Mart parking lot with a loader with a pusher on it. He says it's a wicked pain in the a$$.