1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has The Truck Plow Made You Lazy???

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by MIAWPUKEK, Oct 25, 2006.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Who here is guilty of getting lazy thanks to the truck plow. I know I am. :blush2:

First I used to shovel our driveway (150+ feet), then I got a plow for my atv. But now I have a truck plow, and my poor ole snow shovel is rusting away in the shed. *L* Don't even THINK of using the atv or shovel anymore.:rolleyes:

And my atv plow is about 4 years old, and looks as good as new.
    Haven't used in the past 3 years. payup

This year, I think I'll try to get back to basics. Put on the snowsuit, hats, and gloves, and breakout the ole snowshovel and atv................unless it's TOO cold!
    :D

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Funny I am with you sure I will use the blower and the shovels and umm Unless its to cold:D

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

That snowshovel will last you like 8 minutes before you look at what you've done and realize you could have done it with the truck in about 12 seconds.

For me it all started with the remote control. Why did I need it? The tv was right there after all, but the chair was so comfortable.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

sometimes i even try to do sidewalks with my truck so i dont have to shovel them

5. 4speed

4speed Member

I knew there was a reason I got married!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For me it was Power angle, it was so nice not to have to get out of the truck.
    Then it was auto trans, so nice not to push that clutch 1000+ times a night.
    Next came electric windows so I didn'r have to lean over to crank the handle
    That lead to power mirrors which now must be heated power mirrors.
    then heated wipers but I still had to clean under them so I installed a heated windshield.
    Now it's a reverse monitor so I don't have to turn my head.
    Not much left but someone to drive the truck so I can set in that comfortable chair and watch the Birds lose another one.

But if I stay home she'll want me to shovel the walk.LOL

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Hehe, Out of the whole street, we are the only ones that have 3 bobcats, 5 trucks, and guess who's drive is the last one to get done. Ours of course. Then there are times when I do the three or four drives near us, with the bobcat, and the sidewalks with the other bobcat. But yeah I don't think I have shoveled much at all anymore. we even made it so the bobcat could get up the walkway when we redid it. Is it really lazy, or is it after a a night of plowing do you really want to come back and do your own place by hand?

8. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

i always say work smarter not harder

9. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I'm the same as "Bruce's Ex"......seems like my driveway is always the last to get done. Might even leaving it until the next day just so I can try and squeeze in a few more driveways.payup

10. JCStrasser

JCStrasser Member

Just went the other way- got rid of the GMC w/9' MM2 and am looking at a DR snowblower attachment for the "field and brush mower" for 200' of driveway and pay for someone else to do our 1/3 mile of unpaved road (split 3 ways with the other 2 houses).

Back out into the cold!

John

11. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Shovel? Is that the thing that wont fit in my hand? Thought so.:confused:

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Plows make you lazy, to the point where you will never go back. From now on I will always have some type of a plow from a lawnmower plow to a 12' highway at some point (hopefully!). That is what you buy a plow for, to make work easier. Throw away the shovel and never look back!:salute:

13. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

My shovel and blower are done after this season. I'm not doing any sidewalk work next year. I'm geting older so I need to work smarter.

14. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i dont think my truck made me lazy,BUT I DO THINK THAT MY SHOVEL MADE MY BACK HURT !

15. LD4850

LD4850 Member

I can't find the starter button on my shovel????? I would use it if I could... I'm not that lazy.