1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has everybody made repairs to their equipement and are ready for the next storm??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jakegypsum, Feb 25, 2003.

1. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

I spent the past two days trying to get repairs done to my equipement. (Work kind of gets in the way, Lol.) The last storm thumped me up a bit but finally I have everything back together. :). How about you guy's? Jake.
  2. fordhipo

fordhipo Junior Member

Yup but I took the easy way out just ordered a new Boss V plow:D

Sorry for the Lower Michigan guys, that means the last 11" was the last for the year now.
  3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

we are finishing putting band aids on all damaged equipment and hoping it will hold!!!

vehicles should be ready to rock and roll 100% tomorrow.

lets hope for snow!!!

4. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

I lost the 4*4 in the pick up but had it fixed today, along with EVERY single drop of fluid that is in the vehicle was changed. Replaced blown fuse for the dumps' wipers. New bracket for spreader tomorrow. Going to take pics of that project. dump needs new front tires but too late for that. Restocked on salt. The only thing I can seem to fix is the lack of sleep from the last storm! LOL
  5. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Repaired blown ram seal, changed the fluid.

All I need is for my U edge to FINALLY get here:D :realmad:

6. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I put new wheel bearings and u joints on the truck. Fixed up the snowblower, all ready to go, ....But just saw the news and they are down grading the storm in the phila area, they are saying 2-4 inches but I still don't believe them. I am hoping for three inches,.... That will be nothing compared to what we just had, My truck won't even feel like it's working, Bring on the easy gravy!!:nod:
  7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Cleaned, repaired, and ready for the next storm. Just have to mount for hopfully thursday.
  8. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

New front tires today and I'm ready to go. Wish I had them on for the last storm!
  9. fordman

fordman Senior Member

The tuck's in the shop until next Monday. My drivers side front tire came of while I was driving. Broke 3 studs and riped the nuts off the rest, and I have to get a new wheel as well.:realmad:
  10. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

replaced the right front u joint . and need to replace the tank fuel sender ( I was wondering why it wasnt moving ) and I should do a fluid change plus band adjustment
  11. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Thankfully (I'm knocking on my desk now, particle board IS wood), nothing broke and everything looked fine after THE STORM. They're only calling for an inch or so here (3" residential trigger) but who knows; said it's heading south of me. I'm sure you guys down there can use it!

12. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I just put new tires and a new exhaust on my F-350.New hubs on F-250,and muffler on my cj-5.Now everything is ready.
  13. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

I would have finished my repairs but Home Depot was sold out of duct tape!
  14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Had my son take the 1/2 ton into the shop where he works. Came back saying it needs a power steering pump and a radiator. Thought (for about a minute) of getting a new truck instead of keep fixing this one. But then I think that the $600 they will cost is only one month's payment not counting the increased insurance.:eek:
  15. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

I wish my payment was only $600/mo.!!:eek: :eek: :D

It's nice to have new vehicle's, but no payments are nice also!!;)

16. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I'm ready but my trans has been acting up, guess will have to wait and see.:waving: :drinkup:
  17. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Greg, I went into your photo album. Nice truck. I think if I had that, I'd have to live in it. I wouldn't let snow touch it, let alone push snow with it.

But you're right. For me, I'd rather not have the payments.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im ready

2 rear tires

owning a repair shop has its advantages

19. UHLGS

UHLGS Junior Member

Dodge 4x4 is still in the transmission shop getting a rebuild; F250 is back on line with a new clutch & other assorted parts. Checked remaining plow truck today - lots of growling noise on lifting, we'll fix that one tomorrow in am. Skidloader gets wired for Blizzard plow controller tomorrow as well - thought we'd give one of those a try this time around. My best weather guess is that it will be either a miss or just an inch or so in central PA.
  20. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

If it's your trans and its a E4OD get ready to break the bank. we just replaced one this week in one of our trucks, we bought the trans from the Ford dealer $1700.00 plus our labor to remove and install, trans coolers (2) of them another $160.00. Don't let a trans shop talk you into rebuilding yours cause we had a local shop tell us $2100.00 with no warranty plus they rebuilt this one 14 months ago and it blew anyway, the one we bought from the dealer is Ford remanufactured and comes with a 3 year 36,000 mi waranty.