1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FiNaL, Sep 16, 2005.

1. FiNaL

FiNaL Junior Member
    from OHIO

2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

it looks like it uses the car's bumper to push the plow. this is bad if you hit something, since a lot of vehicles have air bag sensors in the front bumper.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I dont really think a mini van or a car transmisson is made to push snow, not to metion it looks like its going to scuff the hell out of your painted bumper.
  4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Before I used that I would pay a professional to plow my driveway!
  5. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

uh oh guys it looks like were gonna be out of business.....hahaha
  6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

i think this belongs in the homeowner area not under commercial snowplowing.lets see if we can bring some usefull information to this sight
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Read the Solotec site carefully, especially the FAQ section. This is a homeowner plow; not to be used on municipal roadways or streets, not to be used for commercial operations and its "V" is permanent. Snow cannot be repositioned or "carried" to another location. Also note that it took 15 minutes to clear a driveway 100' long. I'd do that in about two minutes with a 1/2 ton 4x4 and 7.5' straight plow. The Solotec has no lift mechanism, so the moldboard is in constant contact with the driveway surface, even while backing. It cannot be lifted.

To repeat, this is a homeowner plow. It cannot be transported from one site to another without dismounting the plow. I am not bashing any type or brand of equipment, and it appears to work well for its intended use. But it is not to be used as a commercial plow as suggested by putting this in the Commercial Snow Removal forum.
  8. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Would not expect much for 279 dollars!!!! You could also attach a piece of plywood to the front of your rowboat and push that down the drive way.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

what a wast of plasic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and mony.
  10. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Redneck style, :cool: :rolleyes: :drinkup:

My cousins were being stupid, and put plywood against the bumper of his car, while one drove, and one sat on the hood and held the top of the plywood. Glad he didn't hit anything, one of them would of been run over. :dizzy:
  11. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Done Deal For 2005

We had our meeting with the contractors tonight, 10 % increase over last season, signed contract in hand, bring on the new england winter! :drinkup:
  12. mike48116

mike48116 Junior Member

That does it! I am trading in all my POWERSTROKE DIESEL trucks and getting mini-vans. God please make the torture stop

Take Care!
  13. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

everyone should open up a repair shop now