1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used Steel-Tec snow pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by viper881, Sep 27, 2009.

1. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Wondering how they hold up compared to other brands like protech, and scoop dogg

2. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Was going to start a new thread with the same question but I used the SEARCH first!!!wesport

So I resurrected a dinosaur thread, and by the looks of it not much experience with them on here. Found them on ebay. No fancy sectional by any means, and I know steel trip is preferred over rubber edge, but the price is right and they seem to be reasonably well built.

I'm on a snow bucket size bucket, but I don't think my dental insurance is up for that.:laughing:

Sooo, I was going to find an old plow blade and rig up my own powerangle quicktach setup. But I am kinda worried about reliability with that type setup, and will be into the same money most likely. Looking at an 8' pusher (easier to haul) for my 320 Deere to do mostly smaller commercial lots.

I've not had much luck with finding a used one local, and I like the looks of these for the price. Best part is its less than a 4 hour drive from me so I can go get it without spending a bunch on shipping. Thoughts or experience? thanks.

Here's the ebay ad:http://cgi.ebay.com/8-STEEL-TEC-SKID-STEER-SNOW-PUSHER-PLOW-/220657180817

And their website:http://www.steel-tec-usa.com/SNOWPUSHERS.html

3. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Well I guess i may never know what others have experienced with Steel-Tec pushers. I still think i might try one. If I do i guess I will be the guinea pig and let everyone know how I make out...

4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Yea i didnt end up going that route with the pushers. Found a few used ones for sale the I bought. If you still looking let me know I have a few extra as were not plowing as much this year.