1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used Knockoff's Leds?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by gottaluvplows, Sep 8, 2009.

1. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

2. DHDB

DHDB Member

They don't look strong enough to handle some jarring around. They also don't look waterproof. I would be careful. You get what you pay for.

3. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

4. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

you get what you pay for......my 1991 bucket truck still has all original whelen lighting (almost 20 years).....my 2004 has burnt out a set of knock off led grill lights and my chinese lightbar has a few units that burned out. my whelen lights on the same truck are still going strong. its a lot more money to buy quality but you only have to buy them once and install them once. The chinese knock offs look bright at start and soon fade, burn out and break. just my 2 cents

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

knock offs are called knock offs for a reason. half the price half as bright. connectors are not water proof on those. plus the flasher has to be mounted under the hood and is not sealed.

if you bought them and installed them by the end of september they probobly would not work after the first storm if they even worked for the first storm.

ive seen those on a truck and the alley lights in my lightbar which have 6 Leds were 5 times brighter.

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

well....this girl used them and look what happened...
    [​IMG]