1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used eureka fluid film first hand

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lazerslicer, Dec 30, 2006.

1. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

Was wondering how many guiys have used eureka fluid film and how it works????????? Where do u spray it on the back side of the blade to prevent rust cause i have a poly plow????? Any imfo i would appreciate it........

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I sprayed some on my cylinders and it stayed on all summer.

3. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

I just got my sample yesterday, I'm wondering if you can use it on your blade if it has been waxed. I just waxed mine a couple weeks ago.

4. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I sprayed it on the front of mt blade to keep snow from sticking to it. I have plowed since then 124 driveways and do not have a problem with any snow sticking to my blade. Most of the snow plowed was of a wet and heavy snow.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

The stuff is awesome, so far I've only used the sample. I've used it on battery terminals, my hitch, and my fiances trunk which is starting to rust along the lip. It actually strengthened the spot where the rust is. I was so impressed by the sample I ordered 2 gallons. I plan on spraying my entire plow and salter. I'm sure I'll find alot more uses.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I spray EVERYTHING on my plow with it....takes about two whole cans to do a good thorough job but it lasts a long time. I did mine about two months ago now and its still there, and plowing today, nothing stuck to it at all!!! It was great!! absolutly LOVE the stuff, I use it on everything

7. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I used it on my truck, as much as 1 can would do. Under the front end, frame and everything else I could spray with it. It has held up fine for the month it's been on there. It is very slick stuff

8. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I used the sample Dan sent me, then I bought a can of it but it lost its pressure so I had to toss it out early. :mad:

9. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I got a sample, used it, now I'm on my 3rd case. I've done everything listed above: All plows (front, back and sidways), V-Box spreader (inside, chute, all chains) underside of 3 trucks (frame, dump bed, hitch, oil pan, lugs) battery connections, trailer couplers (wire connectors), Skid steer (buckets, door hinge, cig lighter for beacon), snowblowers, push spreaders, etc.

I think you get the point, I use it on everything. I forgot to mention the ATV's (chain sprocket, complete undercarriage) and my mowers (under decks, blades, inside a sticky key switch), trailers (gate hinges, lugs, jack).

Yeah, I'm outta control with this stuff. If it's metal and needs protection from the elements or lubrication, it gets FLUID FILM. You spray it on and weeks later, even after driving in rain, its still there. Unbelievable. (I was very close to giving some for Christmas presents, but didn't want to part with it:) )

I'm thinking about buying it in gallon jugs next and using a Wagner sprayer to cover larger things more easily.

PS: I never keep a can long enough for the pressure to drop. :blush2:

10. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I use Fluid Film everywhere. I bugged Dan to death for a week. I got some samples....then a case....then 2 cases.....then 3. Now if we can get some snow, I'll have a pallet load and really go nuts.

I use it on everything. Plow parts of course, electrical connections. Here's one, spray on a rag and wipe all your door seams and weather stripping and guess what....no more frozen shut truck doors. I even wiped it on the edege of the window glass and rolled it up......no more frozen windows!

Spray in locks! Coat your salter and back of truck. GO NUTS. Ag equipment such as tools, spades etc. Lawn equipment, fertilizers etc. We have it in use on cement working tools. I mean everything. Spray down snowthrowers and shovels. After the last big storm my gloves and coat had a ton of overspray on them. I sprayed my boots and it works great for water-proofing leather.

If you want testimonials, I have them. This is the first tool i grab now for lubrication and protection.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I couldnt wait for my sample so I went to the local John Deere dealer and bought a few cans . I sprayed everywhere rust is or would start. I liked it so much I called the dealer up and ordered a 5 gallon pail. A local farmer was there and said he coated a lot of his equiptment with it (combine head , disk ect..) and swears buy it. My wifes only response was THANK GOD IT DOESNT STINK ! lol I just got done spraying my truck frame to help stop the rust . I wish the Automakers would quit leaving so much bare metal under the truck!:realmad: If you try it you,ll be ordering a lot more of it .:D

12. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I feel much better now. I knew people used the stuff but I thought I might be the only one addicted to it. :jester: Glad I'm in a group of more than 1... (I might need a support group if it ever goes off the market, though). :D

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Na, I rather use WD40 or corrosion X. much cheaper, and even if needed to apply more often, I rather use it.

that stuff works good for rusted bolts though. and/or if your lazy and dont want to spray your stuff all the time.....

Fluid film is awesome, but its a little tooo expensive

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be right in line behind ya! I cant say enough about the stuff. I've been using it for about 5 years now and their's still nothing on the market that even compares. I use it for everything. I still have a nearly full case of PB Blaster setting on my shelf, been there since a friend gave me my very first can of FF.

15. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I got my sample from Dan as well BUT...I showed this stuff to my nephew. The pr*ck used it all to winterize the boat. Man am I pissed!

16. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

have been using a product like it it as long as I can remember, the same company just came out with this better product now as well.

not sure what the price of the other stuff is
    I get it locally, this is just a online place for comparison

never mind, I did not realize eureka was a sponsor of the site, dont want to get anyone upset

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  17. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Works great, I have been using it over a year now on all things metal. I keep pestering to get F.F. to be sold at a chain store so it can be bought a little easier.

18. ahaycoman

ahaycoman Member
    from Montana

The stuff works great for me to spray on my blade surface to keep the snow from sticking, but I was wondering how's the best way to apply it in it's liquid form from the 5 gallon bucket which I just ordered and got. I thought I would just put it in a spray bottle but when I opened the bucket I found it to have the consistency of pancake batter...very thick. Anybody have some ideas that have worked for them on the best way to apply it?

19. ECS

ECS Senior Member

A paint sprayer.

20. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

It smells nice, costs twice as much as WD 40, its twice as thick as WD 40 so it doesn't spray as good. For my needs, I will stick with WD 40.