1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used a Yukon XL 2500 for light duty plowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by joegraz, Mar 5, 2003.

1. joegraz

joegraz Junior Member

I'll be using this for personal use on my own property. Anybody have any experience as to what type plow I could use?

thx

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Check out Fisher.com,they just came out with a homeowner plow for light use.

3. myo

myo Senior Member

I think a 7.5' Fisher would work well on the Yukon... if it sits low you could add Timbrens to help with the load on the front.

4. ToyotaPower

ToyotaPower Senior Member

7 1/2 Meyers plow set-up

I own a 98 Chevy Sururban 2500 (3/4 ton) V8 350 engine with a 7 1/2 meyer plow on it. I use it as a plow truck in the winter and love the automatic transmission and the power it has to push snow. We've have some big acculumation of snow fall and the truck never let me down.:waving:

5. johngus

johngus Senior Member

i've got a 99 2500 with 454.pushes snow like mad!pushed 24" with it this winter in low range without even breaking a sweat.I've got a meyer 7.5 on it.Really need a 8 foot blade though.will probably add wings or try to find an 8 footer for next year.