1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone used a toro dingo for residential?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by H2obydesign, Dec 21, 2004.

1. H2obydesign

H2obydesign Junior Member

Have a irrigation company but is kind of slow this time a year esp. when snow on the ground. Have a toro dingo with a blade and was thinking this could be good for residential areas but prob. to small for commercial. We have several clients from irrigation bus. as well as lawn care that may be interested. any advice thanks in advance. We have snow on the way tonight and was thinking of trying this out tom.
  2. DJL

DJL Senior Member

Instead of the blade invest in the snow thrower attachment. Thing rips up walkways and throws snow like you wouldn't believe.
  3. H2obydesign

I was wondering if this attachment was good. thanks Have any idea of cost for one? thanks
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Dingo snowthrower

Definitely get the blower attachment, the blade is just not big enough to do any good, but the snow thrower will allow you to also do sidewalks. BTB, what model do you have? I rent these at least once a month.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You will never be competitive with either the blade or blower attachment on drives. We used ours for walks for a couple years, worked great and is unstoppable. But it is way too slow to get anything accomplished efficiently.

If you are going to use it, just put a rubber edge or urethane edge on the blade. For the most part it will go even slower with the blower because you have to use 'low range' for the hydraulics.
  6. H2obydesign

I have a tx425 wide trak. what is the size of the snow thrower?
  7. H2obydesign

Mark any suggestions for a rubber edge? Just going to be doing some small drives for some extra cash most of the competion around here is in the commercial stuff. Usually not lots of snow in our area but we are do for a bad winter. thanks
  8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I would think something an inch or inch and a half would be more than adequate. We had a piece of steel made up that held the rubber almost perpendicular to the ground. I don't think this was necessary, we probably could have trimmed the edge so it lays flat.

If you don't get much snow I personally would not invest in the blower. I thought it ran over $4K and I don't think it would do very well on light snowfalls.
  9. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

The guy I work for has two ATV's and a Dingo track loader on the sidewalk crew. He has the snow blade on the front with a rubber edge and it knocks out sidewalks real nicely. He also has a blower attachment and uses it sometimes in heavy snowfalls but mostly he just uses the blade. I'd definitely look into using the Dingo though. Use your resources wisely. Best of luck. If you have any questions, I'll see how I can help.
  10. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

i'd go w/the blade if you're doing sidewalks...those 2 Stagers don't clear close enough or rip up hard pack like a weighted blade.