1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried this before

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rjigto4oje, Dec 28, 2013.

1. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

2. rjigto4oje

I have long runs L shaped that have to be pushed into a tiny opening , It's a funky lot and maybe a funkeyer way of doing it, it works for me though anyone ever tried this
  3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't do it I seen guys dent each other trucks up trying it or rip mirrors off

I have done it with a tractor and truck before

But haven't done it since I bought a V plow
  4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Go get a v plow or put some Boss wings or your plow. The cost of 2 dented trucks is not worth it. And look how slow you have to go to get this done. Time is money.
  5. rjigto4oje

There is a set of wings on it, there's a good 2 plus feet On it which makes an awesome 15 foot v. I agree that I looks weird, but it pushes you away from the pile. We just have to take it a little slower and pay attention but imo it works great, no dents as of the last few years
  6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

We've done it with loader and a skid, I wouldn't try it with a truck........
  7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I remember a member posting pics of that once. He was doing a self storage place. The amount of snow two trucks can carry is impressive, but risky.
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Get a blizzard and you don't need to
  9. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

We do that with our big trucks . We put 2 10' plows together and we have an 18 ft v plow
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That'd be something to see!
  11. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

We do that all the time with two straight blades to cleanup crumbs. As long as no one makes any sudden moves it works great.
  12. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

It's amazing how much snow two big dump trucks loaded can push together makes for quick clean up of windrows
  13. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

As long as the truck on the left drives dead straight and a steady speed.......and the truck on the right does the corrections in course and speed to keep the v going, looks like it would work great.

Right side truck has the view of the meeting point...

Bet if both blades had a 2' extension on the outside, none in the middle, then both blades were left straight....the resulting 20' box would move way more snow and a lot easier / faster.
  14. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to do it all the time before I spent the money and bought V plows. Now with the loaders, I don't ever have more than 1 truck on a lot at a time. It was part of the growing of my business. Knock on wood, I never had so much as a dent in any truck, or any ripped off mirrors.
  15. rjigto4oje

I forgot to mention the truck on the left is my wife driving it. We have been doing this for 2 years , I give the directions and its works well or at least I think it does
  16. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Pretty neat idea to be able to clean up a much larger area than normal, although it would take the fun out of it for me, as I'd be stressed out that my wife was going to jamb her plow into my truck....;)
  17. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Your pro wings and Boss wings are 2 different animals

If I have carry snow long ways to a spot I never windrow I run my V plows in scoop 98% of time its faster

When you windrow you are rolling the same snow over and over
    scooping you are scooping new snow every pass.

But if works for you that's kool
  18. rjigto4oje

No I sorry im posting on my phone, its a large church its set up like a storage facility it all gets rolled to the center meaning one starts on the left one starts on the right once in the center then we push it to were it needs to go
  19. rjigto4oje

She did manage to snap the shock by the springs I told her it would be taken out of her pay then she threatened me with no food or sex I said fine u win I told her it only cost ten bucks to fix then she said oh that's no to bad I'll eat the other 90 but she'll still get the raw end of the deal wink wink
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I remember that;)

Not something I would recommend, but have done it just to see. It seems "a little" easier/safer, if the truck w/driver side towards the center of the V, is the trailing plow. In the end if I "need" to do that to complete a job efficiently, then I'm not using the right equip...jmo....still pretty cool to watch being done though.