1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried a sweepex? or any other pull/push broom?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawntec, Oct 24, 2007.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I am looking in to buying a sweepex broom and mounting it to my truck. I have heard good things about it i was just wondering what you guys thought about it.

2. 3PLLC

3PLLC Junior Member

i googled it and i think it looks, well, absolutely worthless.. i suppose if you have a dusting, but what happens when it gets deep, it just goes right over the top, and then your screwed

3. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a "broomer" (same idea) and it is handy for cleanups after landscaping etc or REALLY light snow. it is however, nothing compared to a rotary sweeper.
    I've cleaned parking lots in the spring but it takes MANY pushes to get it halfway clean. Save your money ... or buy my slightly used one
    dylan

4. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

i have a hustler 295 with a dexter sweepster rotary broom up front (72") (can change to a mower deck)

works great up to 4 inches of snow, is easy to angle and hydro lift

5. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Looks like a large broom to me. Ever tried to broom snow? It's pretty hard in one sweep, takes multiple times to work.

The reason a rotary brush sweeper works is that it rotates and keeps changing bristles, but a simple broom...NO :)

6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know about snow, but we got a Sweep Ex for a truck this summer, it does suprisingly good with gravel, leaves, etc. We use it a lot to sweep gravel off roads. Worth the money in our case.