1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

has anyone run 4x4 fuso trucks?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by pipelayer, Sep 10, 2016.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

looking into a fuso 4x4 dump set up with a boss 9.2 V, and a gas engine sander on back. i feel the turning radius and visibility would be awesome, im just looking for input on the people that have run them. how do they fare in alot of wet and heavy snow? im coming out of a SRW 1 ton 7.3. looking for comparable power. also going from fisher to boss, because the trucks already set up, and switching would be costly and a pain in the ass, being that ive wired a cabover for a fisher and it was horrible. the truck is a 2000 fe mitsu, with a 10ft dump, and 89k. 5 speed 4x4. any input is appreciated. thanks

2. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

A buddy of mine ran a 2000 fuso auto for ten years, had issues with the wiring on the front end corroding from the salt and the Fisher mount cracked the frame. The truck stood up very well for ten years of plowing and he had good luck with it.

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

They are great trucks till you have to perform repairs. Parts can be costly. And I've seen the frame cross members rot out.

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We picked up an Isuzu NPR 2wd in the spring with a flat bed on it. I fabbed up a removable beaver tail and ramps so we could make it a lawn care truck. While doing that I put a plow mount on the front and plan on taking the beaver tail off and put a spreader on the back in the winter. Its a 4cyl turbo and the guys say it goes all week on a tank of fuel. So I cant speek from experience for plowing yet but I think it will be great.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Like others said rust and rot is an issue
    Parts are expensive
    Power was fine
    I added a coolant filter and only issue I had was fuel will gel up faster then in other trucks bucause the tank is exposed to elements no big deal to correct once I learned that lesson
    They are great all around trucks

6. Jersey Push

Jersey Push Junior Member

My father has a 2007 mistu Fuso 4x4. It has almost constant wiring issues from plowing and salting. The gauge wiring used in those trucks is by far smaller then American built trucks. Also stated there is rusting issues also.