1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone put strobes in an 08 Super Duty?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bernie Lomax, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Bernie Lomax

Bernie Lomax Senior Member

I'm trying to plan out where to locate them and was wondering what others have done. I'm thinking a 6 light system, front, rear, and 2 LED behind the grille.

My question is which front light, the headlight or the turn signal?

2. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

BlueLine Ent. can help you with that. He's in Danvers and has experience doing the new '08 Super Duties.

I would do the front turn signals and rear backup and red lights. Thats what i did on my Super Duty

3. Bernie Lomax

4. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Yes as far as i know all thats left that you need is a switch. You can put a second switch in that would work as a momentary switch to change the flash patterns.
    BlueLine Ent. is a member on here and did my whole install. He's a professional so i would look to him for the best advise.

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Greetings

First things first, you're getting ripped off on that price on ebay. I can get that setup (supply and 4 bulbs) with two 25' foot cables and 2 15', and a 90 Watt Supply for $9 more than that price. Don't waste your money on that, might as well spend the same and get more bang for your buck.

Second, the front hideaway shoud go in the turn signal. Its brighter, doesn't have to overcome the headlight to be seen, and is high enough it is over the height of the plow.

The backs can go pretty much anywhere.

Matt

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I thought if you put strobes in the rear taillight the lens would melt from the heat of the bulbs. I would go with whelens new hide away leds.

7. BlueLine Ent

Not the case in the taillights, possibly the reverse lights, but so far I have yet to see any melting at all.

Also it would be over $600 to do a 2 head front and 2 head back system.

8. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

9. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

sorry they are made by NOVA

10. Bernie Lomax

Yikes. What wattage were the ones you were using?

I was thinking as I was out the other night that the headlights would be the best place to put them because they are not on when the plow is on. But the turn signals being above the plow may make more sense. Sounds like I'll do front turn signals, and rear brake lights.

Blue Line where are you located?

11. BlueLine Ent

12. Bernie Lomax

I can't connect to your website.

My sites are all in Peabody, Middleton, Danvers... so I'm up there a lot. When I'm ready to do this I may just have you do the install. Can you give me a ball park price to install a 6 light 90w Whelen system in my 08? Thanks.

13. BlueLine Ent

Sure thing...check your PM

14. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

nope ..............................................................................................................................lol