1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone put a poly edge on a Daniels pull plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve b, Nov 5, 2003.

1. steve b

steve b Member

Has anyone put a plastic edge on a Daniels pull plow?

I hate the noise it makes.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

we have sold alot of u edges for pull plows, it might actually be a better application than for front plows. Anyway they work great for rear plows. Call me at 860-608-1842 with any questions.
    Dino

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

We haven't had a steel edge on a back (pull) plow for over 15 years. We always put rubber on previously. I've seen too many bent\twisted frames on trucks from catching a manhole with the back blade down.

From now on it will be urethane edges for new plows, front or back, and for any steel edges that wear out.

4. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Just like Mark, its all urethane for our back blades, and yes I did put one on a Daniels last season. Its a little different, since they use their own exclusive cutting edge, but it isnt too tough.

5. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

We use U-edges on our Daniels pull plows. We use a 1" thick edge and order it as one full length, depending which size you have. Then we cut it down to fit, for the back edge and sides. Just make sure you bevel the sides, just like the steel edge!

Chuck B.

6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Snowman

Whats the best size edge(thickness) for the snowman backplow ? Would you also use urethane at the boxed ends (instead of the rubber now used )? For people considering backplows the snowman has a trip edge . thats what sold me

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  7. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Poly Edge On Pull Plows

I have mounted them and used them on the Daniels Pull Plows for years.
    If you need some pictures or additional info just ask.
    :rolleyes: John...........

8. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

I put one on my pull plow, is great to drop both front and back and still hear the engine. I still have a problem with chattering on bare pavement, I may have to move it up a ways. It sits about 1.5" below the metal now, but still chatters.

9. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I had the same problem with my U-edges on the rear plow. Once you take it down to about an 1", the chatter goes away.

Chuck B.

10. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I had the same problem with my U-edges on the rear plow. Once you take it down to a

11. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

u edge

so I am looking for a 1 ' overhang if I put a u edge on my snowman ?

12. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

1" :D

Chuck B.