1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone put a Fisher LD series plow on a newer Nissan Frontier?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Dmxf, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Dmxf

Dmxf Junior Member

I have an almost new plow off my old '96 Tacoma that I would like to use on a new truck. Fisher said they don't make a kit to do this, but I know some people adapt just about any plow to any truck (fabricate new frame attachment bracketry, etc). It would be great to know if someone was successful and what they may have run across. Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

what truck do you have now?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

nevermind....I doubled checked fisher, I see your issue now.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Here are the install sheets to the three manufacturers (western and fisher are identical except for paint and stickers) that make a mount for your truck.

Note they all mount in the same place though Meyer (the heaviest) has an extra brace. Also note all these plows weigh less then 300lbs except the meyer that lists at 405lbs

Your Fisher SD (was LD) is 547lbs including mount, considerably more weight So if you start fabricating a mount for it be aware of the additional loads, basically 25% more weight then any the manufacturer's product available (and approved) for your Nissan.

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/29317.01_080106.pdf
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-921.pdf
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97101226b.pdf

5. Dmxf

Dmxf Junior Member

Nissan Plow Issues

Thanks a bunch for the mounting bracket images. I have yet to buy a new truck, as my '96 Tacoma is currently being processed by the factory for buy-back due to frame rot out. I've been thinking of getting a Nissan, but also considering another Toyota or a Ford Ranger. In any scenario, I need to have a plow solution and it looks like a kit is not made to put my Fisher LD on any of these (strange). Problem is I just bought the LD blade new in January, so hate to think what I would get for the whole thing in the secondary market now.

It sounds like the best thing may be for me to sell my Fisher LD and buy one specifically for the truck I get. Not looking on spending the additional $ for the truck though, let alone more on another plow.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could see if your dealer takes trade-ins. Though you'd make more money selling it on the retail market.