1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone plowed?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

So, has anyone on here plowed yet this year? It's my first year, and I can't wait. It seems like we shoulda been out a few times already this year.

2. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

We usually plow first week of Sept., once or twice in Sept., then it warms up for a while, then snows in October on and off, get hammered Nov-April. This year no snow till October, just a few small storms/plowing little, this week a couple more storms, tomorrow supposed to get a foot or so, maybe will snow couple times a week like usual then...bring it on!!!:nod:

3. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Last year our first good storm was Feb 14th.....it BETTER not be that late this year!

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Last year no pushes until January. Here we're being teased and lied to by the weatherman. Nothing but a couple half inch snows.

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i got a few hours in last week

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

got a lot of seasonals here paid up front do not want to plow more than 6 times thats about what we usually get, not in any rush still doing leaves

7. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

this weekend

Last year our first run was christmas eve not fun had to miss out on all the great christmas food it looks like were going to get 4-6" saturday night but who knows.

8. Brant'sLawnCare

It's gonna be sloppy too, because it supposed to rain right afterward, at least by me. But I hope that we get just snow.

9. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Yeah, we've had an 11" storm and a 3" storm that we've had to plow and a third event that we had to salt. Hoping to get snow tomorrow night (Friday) We'll see. :rolleyes:

10. Brant'sLawnCare

I'm not sure if we are going to even go out. I guess that I won't know until Friday. It sucks, because I may have to miss a basketball tournament. But I love snow, so it will be worth it.

11. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Got about 8 inches on the weekend.

Sanded Monday morning.
    2 more inches Monday night.
    sanded a bit on Tuesday.

I guess we are in to it now.

:eek: :nod:

12. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I ahve plowed 3 times so far. but right now the temps have been high and all the snow is gone, not the roads are skating rinks, even in my heavy as* rig with tripple studded snow tires. think I should buy a sander. right now I do no sanding or salting. might pay for its self this year.

13. Pat M

Pat M Member

If my plow was together and with me this past weekend I would of been plowing in Clarksville & Pittsburg, NH. Other than that nothing in Southern, NH.

14. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i've gotton prolly 4-5 plows so far this year.

15. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

probably will be monday.

16. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I've put the plow on, does that count?LOL
    In theory we are supposed to get 4-8" or possibly up to a foot on Saturday and Sunday,
    :redbouncepurplebou:bluebounc. This is for the Twin Cities and it looks like Wisconsin is gonna get nailed. Good luck everyone!

17. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I've gotten 2 in so far, both for about 5 hours.