1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Plowed With A Homesteader ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by davink, Nov 22, 2004.

1. davink

davink Member

Hi all,

I am new to the site, and I appologize if I am repeating a thread, I can not find a way to search old ones.

Anyway, my question. I have a 2004 Nissan Titan SE Crew Cab. I have been looking fo a personal / light duty plow for it. I only plow about 3-5 driveways per storm. I live in the CT area, so its not like we get tons of snow. I used to have a 7 1/2 foot Meyer ST Light Duty on my old Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, that more than did what I needed.

So anyway, I have only been able to find a Homesteader and the suburbinite being advertised to fit on my new truck. I know the truck is only a 1/2 ton, but I think it should do it. What I want to know is wether or not either of those plows work well. I have never had a poly moldboard, and the downforce instead of weight is it better or worse? Do they clear decently? I was also concerned about the low height of the moldboard. I was actually thinking about trading in the truck and getting a Ford F250 SD XLT to solve this problem, but that is a-lot of money that I will loose. So do you guys think I could get 3-4 seasons out of one on the Titan?

Thanks any info you can offer would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks again,
    -Dave

2. I would say the Homesteader would be perfect for your situation. If your only doing 3-4 and its more for personal use than it should hold up for alot longer than 4 years. The short moldboard should not be a problem either, if you were plowing a large parking lot I would say it would. Those plow are made very well and durable. I think you would be very happy with the Homesteader. :redbounce

3. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I'd say you'd be happy with the homesteader but if your looking for a bigger plow or just other options both snoway for sure and Blizzard I believe will put a plow on your truck. Of course that if your at all looking for a more regular use plow. But whatever you do enjoy! :salute:

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard makes a 760LT for your truck. Have a look at them.