1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone made their 7 1/2 blade taller

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Sep 4, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

In looking at other blades from both Meyer and others, many are taller than the typical 7.5 blade. Has anyone fabricated a new bolt on extension for the top of their blade? Would it be best out of flat metal or contoured to follow the same radius of the moldboard?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try a Fisher sno-foil or a Snoway EZ fit deflector.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Fisher sno-foil won't make your blade "taller" but will definitely keep snow from rolling up over the top.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I was assuming (I know I know) that it was a Meyer, the lack of curvature will stand the foil up higher then fisher intended. there is a guy running around here with a sno foil on a 7.5 st mounted on a 3500 dually with Pro wings spectacular looking piece:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

AS$ U ME

Got to take you down a notch or two whenever I can:D

And actually, if you had means to tip the sno-foil up, like some wedges, it WOULD make the blade taller.