1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone made a set of wings?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by horsepowerlawns, Jan 23, 2007.

1. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

I like to make parts instead of buying them.;)
    I was plowing for the first time Sunday and at times I needed something (like wings) to keep the snow from going off the side of the blade.

If you have made them, can you post pics?

2. John B

John B Junior Member
    from ohio

Do a search on "Prowings" and you will find plenty of pics.I have a set on my plow that I bought and I will never plow without them again.They save a lot of time:)
  3. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

I had been searching for "wings", I will search for "prowings" also. Thanks.

I was hoping someone had made their own and could give me some insite on making them.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

There are a couple of threads around where guys from the site have made their own.

Look in or search the Commercial section but they are around here somewhere.
  5. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

mega scoops

Finally got to use mine in some wet snow, with the mega scoops i was able to stack snow with a 8 1/2 ft blade and scoops on taller than the roof of my truck, chevy 1 ton. What a pile of snow you can push, no drilling holes in your moldboard, they hook in seconds for 330.00 + shipping. If i was going to fab a set I think they would be like these.
  6. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

I made a set of wings for my own for my fisher plow. I did it with some square tubing that sliped inside eachother. If i was to do it again I would take flat stock make a flat bracket that you could mount to the ribs on the back of the moldboard and then cut a half moon to accept round pipe and use that to slide the wings in and out. Good luck making a set of wings I am sure you will like whatever you come up with.
  7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Another member and i are in the process of making some wings. Going to use a desgin similar to the Boss ones. Ill post pictures of the completed project