1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone here ever worked for FEMA?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NE Snowmelting, Sep 30, 2007.

1. NE Snowmelting

NE Snowmelting Junior Member
    from 02333

Looking for any info good or bad on FEMA... I have seen there web site, I was just looking for personal experience's in dealing with a larger government agency.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Can't tell you about FEMA, specifically, but I worked for the US Postal Service for seven years and the Veteran's Admin for 12 years. All told, retired with 32 years federal service (plus Army). Impersonal and cold overall, but specific agency depends on a lot of factors. Your work will consist of exactly what the job description says when you apply - no more and no less. Bosses are like bosses everywhere - some are better than others. Pays on time and what they say you'll get paid. What do you want to know?
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Be careful with counting on them to pay on time. Like Mick said no more no less.
    I worked for a Nation Wide Ambulance company and they delayed payment on a few deployments. A smaller company might have a problem with cash flow in that case.
    It may of changed after the big mess with Katrina.