1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had Meyers E-60 stud bolts strip out of sump base

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bronco69, Sep 24, 2009.

1. bronco69

bronco69 Member

Has anyone else had there meyers e-60 studs strip out of there sump base? If so how did you fix it? My front two studs stripped out today as I was testing my plow to get it ready for winter. The threads in the sump base actually stripped out. I was thinking about retapping the threads to a 3/8 bolt thread and then drilling out the top cap to account for it rather than spend $170 for a new sump base. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

heli-coil:nod:

3. bronco69

bronco69 Member

What is heli-coil and where can I get it? I tried filling the holes with JB weld, letting it sit for a few days then retapping the hole to 5/16 but after about 10 times lifting the blade the bolts pulled right up through the threads. Any other suggestions?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Go to Napa and ask for a helicoil kit. But at the rate you're going you will have spent more then the cost of a base and sump on gimmick fixes.