1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone had any problems plowing with a...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JaimeG, Jan 26, 2009.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

...Dodge MegaCab Dually?

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

there were some rumors floating around here with problems with the megacabs plowing, not sure if any are truthfull though. all i can say is thats a looonnnggg truck to be plowing snow with.:salute:

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What do the rumors say? And yeah, its long but I will mostly plow commercial parking lots.

4. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

there the same length as a quadcab longbed.Id say do it, I almost bought one.

The only thing bad about a mega cab or crewcab is seeing out of them,iv thought about getting a reg cab truck for the plowing.

5. oliversgreen

oliversgreen Junior Member

Havent had any problems plowing with mine so far n its been years. Keepin my fingers crossed though

6. oliversgreen

oliversgreen Junior Member

its been 2 years

7. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Then why do some guys say that the back window shatters and the doors crease and don't open?

8. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

What do you plan on plowing with it?

Wait... that sounds like a stupid question. Drrr... SNOW! I mean, where do you plan on plowing? Residential, Commercial Lots, Local Roads, Highways, etc.? I'd think just the residential could pose some problems.

9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Commercial parking lots.

10. Fun Plow

Fun Plow Junior Member

Then I say go for it.

11. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

I plow with a guy that has a crew cab diesel long bed 8-6 straight blade. His fender creased when he was out of town and had his neighbor covering his lots. Must have hit something real hard or attempted a dukes of hazzard jump. He went back to the installer and complained. The plow was over the limit of the front axle. Installer said it wasn't his fault. Only problem I had driving his truck was with the blade angled the bubble was past the end of the blade got to be careful. That truck could push some snow with all that torque

12. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

I plow with a quad cab, 8' bed, srw - the same length as the megacab dually - don't have any problems with it - don't have to do any driveways with it though.

13. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Did the dealer void your warranty?

14. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

No, it's a hemi... Plow prep is available on the long truck.

15. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

I have a 07 5.9 cummins mega cab dually that I have been plowing with for the 3rd season and have had zero problems. I love plowing with it. It has a 9'6" western pro plow + with wings a pro flo 2 western spreader and carry 3500 lbs of ice melt with me. If someone was going to have problems I think I would have by now

16. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

What did the dealer have to say about it? Any pics?

17. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

It has been in for service several times in the last three years and never a word. This is the first I have heard about any problems. Do you know what they are? I dont have any pics with the plow but can get some tomorrow, it so happens that it is dressed for snow.

18. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

A lot of people say that the doors will crease and won't open or close, the rear window will shatter, the roof will buckle. I am kind of afraid of buying one now, but if you say you have no problems, then I guess its ok. Post some pics of it soon!!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  19. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

Here are the pics of my mega cab. The first one is at the end of the day of a 12" snow the 2nd one is laoded with the spreader and then a pic of what plow is on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice truck man!!! Can I ask where you got your plow installed?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009