1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone found an A-Frame Toggle Switch for less than $39?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lawnguy69, Dec 1, 2009.

1. lawnguy69

lawnguy69 Junior Member

I need a B 62038 DPDT (on) - off - (on) toggle switch for connecting an 810 power plow. My local dealer doesn't have one, so it'll take forever and it's $39!!! That seems excessive. Has anyone found an acceptable alternative switch or an online source for this one? How 'bout an online Blizzard parts source? My local dealer is below average and stocks nothing.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, I believe they were $11, but I've got to look for the link, can't remember where it was...

Edit: I found it: Spemco. We called and ordered them, they don't have pricing or ordering abilities online.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. lawnguy69

lawnguy69 Junior Member

Thanks for the lead Wizardsr. $10.90 each for an Otto t7-211e1 dpdt toggle, and I'll have them the next day in Michigan.
    FYI, jerres was $36.00.

5. wizardsr

Yeah, Jerre told me to get them elsewhere a couple years ago. At least he was honest with me.

The manufacturers are getting them from Spemco, selling them to the distributor, who's selling them to the dealer, who's selling them to the customer. All that markup and people wonder why plow parts are so expensive... :laughing:

6. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Ouch !!!!!!!

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Get one from a Boss dealer. Same switch and only $18 from CPW

8. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

One quick question on this switch from Spemco is this a direct replacment from what is on the plow now? Also I did a search on the mentioned switch (Otto t7-211e1 dpdt toggle) and came up with nothing anyone have the item # for that switch from Spemco. I thank anyone for any and all help.

Bob :D :D :D

9. wizardsr

It's the same switch. Call them and tell them what you're looking for, their website isn't the most user-friendly I've seen...

10. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

It is amazing how much the same part can cost with a manufactures name on the package. I had to replace all four of my plow light connectors and wasn't to thrilled about paying for the blizzard ones. I found the same thing ,and got all four plugs for 15 bucks !!!

, shaun

11. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Where do you get the light connectors?

12. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

13. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

Guys Is this switch one that has power to the center wire and the sends power one way or the other?
    I have a bunch of switches like that left over from some other project they are weather tight for outdoor use. Does any one want to try one?

14. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

They are double pole, double throw momentary with center-off.

I would take two for the right price

15. diesel dave 04

I can send one to you if you want. just let me know if they will work. you pay the shipping.

16. diesel dave 04

here is a pic of the switch. they are weather tight. made to be used on a ATV winch. with a handlebar mount.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member