1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone fabbed up a small truck plow to a mini skid steer or full size skid before

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MOW ME OVER, Nov 5, 2005.

1. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I am thinking about looking for a very used 6' or 6.5' blade with angle cylinders and buying a bare addapter plate for my Toro Dingo. Then cutting the plow down to around 4' and making the cut pieces into wings for the blade possibly. Has anyone done anything like this before and if so do you have any pictures.

I am not looking to dump a ton of money into this so it will be a low budget deal. I do have the welder in the garage along with tools to cut the blade.

Thanks

Justin

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I never have but people do it all the time here. Most go find a old cheap Meyer plow and make a mount to fit the skid steer.

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yes it's very easy to do. Just need a pushplate and a plow. Just remember one thing, if you want down pressure your gonna have to make stationary supports to keep the a frame in place. :cool:

4. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

i wouldn't have thought the rubber tracked dingo would have enough push do do anything.
    skid steers can push a bunch though.

5. MOW ME OVER

I would have preffered to have the 25hp Kohler engine instead of the 20hp Kohler but it still pushes dirt like there is no tomorrow for a gas engine. It seemed to have the same balls when I demoed it against the Bobcat Mt52 with a 19hp Kubota. If the Dingo will get traction in snow over 6 or 8 inches tall then I will be golden, it also helps having the ride on platform on the back and having my big butt of 240lbs hang off there for extra traction. LOL

6. bluejaylawn

bluejaylawn Junior Member

dingo plow

We took a 7'6" western and mounted it to a blank plate for our ramrod (similar to a dingo) and cut it down to 4' - it seems to work well. The mistake we made was getting the angle of the cutting edge wrong the first time we welded it up. Make sure that the plow gets welded to the blank plate at the same angle and height as the truck it came off

7. MOW ME OVER

Bluejay

I would actually like to still be able to use the hydrolics on the plow once it is mounted to the Dingo, kindof like a 6 way dozer blade but only really 4 way snow plow blade. Was your blade just angled to the right only at all times?

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Doing that right now for my bobcat 600m. Since its only 54" wide. I am taking a 7.5' meyers and cutting it down to a 6.5' since its a really light machine. A lot of people do this. Meyer blades are good for one thing. Modifty and mounting them to skid loaders and tractors. Other wises their junk.

9. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I just did this . It is an old piece of crap meyer 7.5. I removed everything and tacked the mounting plate to the moldboard. I hooked it to my skid steer to check the angle and it was good so I brought the plow to the machine shop that my father in law runs and they braced it up and finished the welding.I also had them add ends on the plow to make it like a pusher box. ( maybe 12 inches at widest point) I have an old poly edge I am gonna cut to use for each side. when I am done I will post some pictures.

10. MOW ME OVER

Thanks guys and yes I am anxoius to see the finished pics.

11. westwind

westwind Member

We have 2 meyer 8ft polys, that we converted to our 2 JD skids, buy the plate from a supplier and weld your own chain and braackets, works great!

12. Kenkreger

Kenkreger Member

7' (9') meyers on 753

I cut arms of 10" or so and welded it solid to the skid loader plate so I had down pressure. Had to put needle valves in the hyd line as the 11 gpm pump on the loader was way to quick at anything above an idle.
    I did however break one of the pivots for the trip out of the moldboard, back draging from a building. (can't trip in reverse)
    I also added a 3rd trip spring, but you can get buy with 2.
    The second year I added a 12" extension on each side and angled it forward 30 degrees. I used the face from a truck tire for a cutting edge on the extension.
    I can still angle blade with this and I can carry twice the snow when straight.
    Works good. I mostly plow fresh, dry fluffy snow in my area and can handle the 9' blade just fine, I don't plow comercialy though, just my lane, house and shop yards.
    A 66" snow bucket is way to small here.