1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone fab. a deflector shield for a Lesco spreader?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve b, Dec 12, 2002.

1. steve b

steve b Member

Has anyone tried to put the Agri-fab shield on a Lesco spreader so it can do walks?
  2. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

I have a Lesco spreader. I would suggest buying another, smaller spreader. I love my Lesco for spreading fertilizer.

However, I feel a smaller spreader that is more compact and lighter is a better option if you make many stops. I have considered both an ATV unit and an EarthWay push spreader. The plastic "shower caps" don't fare well in the cold.

If you do use the Lesco, I would suggest buying one of their shower caps and having an upholstery shop sew nylon over the top of the plastic section to keep your material nice and dry even in rainy/snowy conditions. Otherwise, that plastic will crack in the cold within a couple of uses.

Good luck, I'm sure others will reply.
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Why don't you just buy an Agri-Fab w/ the deflector??? I have one I use for walks, drives and a small parking lot I do. They are the best I've used for spreading salt. Save your Lesco for spreading fert. :) ;) :) ED
  4. DMAN

DMAN Junior Member

Is the Agi-Fab spreader you mention the one that holds 50 lbs and is adjustable from 4 to 8' swath. I saw one in the northern tool catalog for 22.00 however it does not have a deflector on it.